From Monday the 16th July 2018, I will be launching the hashtag #mwahtomonday, where I am hoping that all you lovely content creators will take part in sharing your Mwah’s to Monday, every Monday. This can be in any digital form you like
To get the ball rolling I have teamed up with Gina Potter (@ginaGpotter on instagram) to give away one fantastic hand printed lip t-shirt.
All you have to do is follow me (@growingoldgreyfully) and Gina (@ginaGpotter) then share your #mwahtomonday. By 8pm Monday 16th July and we (when I say we, I mean Gina) will choose the best photo, video or story.
The winner can let us know their size and will be sent the above t-shirt.
I will post all entries on the blog, insta and other social media networks and tag you in.
Come on, join in Mwah to Monday. #mwahtomonday.
I feel like today is a good day to post this seeing as it is my 42nd birthday, so here goes.
I have read so many articles about what we should have accomplished or have or need to have sorted by our 20’s, 30’s and 40’s that I decided to put together my own list. I then thought who am I to say what you should have achieved when I am reading articles about what you should have achieved! It then came to me I know a bunch of 40 somethings, lets see what they think you should have nailed by the time you are in the big 4 – 0.
So here it is, I asked the question on Facebook to a bunch of 40 somethings and this is what they said you should have nailed by the time you are 40 and still growing….
1. Know what you are good at and love and going for it – Van Crol
2. Learn to live without out jealousy and make peace with your body- William Preen
3. Foundation Colour – Katy Heale
4. Patience and Empathy – David Smith Segarra – I am still learning this one.
5. That to be remembered and recognised is more useful than sinking into the background (yes blue hair helps). – Jessica Evershed, who has blue hair.
6. How to apply eyeliner, nail varnish – Also Jessica Evershed
7. Confidence….loving yourself….having true friendships….how you like your coffee!! – Chantal Hinkson
8. How and when to say no – Alistair Beadle
9. To wear the clothes you’re saving for ‘best’ before they either go out of fashion or you don’t fit in them anymore – Jess Evershed – she is full of good advice.
10. Letting go of people / things that don’t make you happy. Being brave enough to say ‘this is me and I don’t need you to like me-‘ just being happy and grateful for all that you have. – Diana MacGregor
11. Not giving a shit ie not sweating the small stuff – Sarah Edwards
12. Cooking eggs. Being kind to yourself. Quality over quantity (alcohol, chocolate, cheese, clothes). Fixing stuff with whatever is at hand. Knowing when good enough is good enough. -Rebecca Woodfine
13. When to stop drinking Peroni (I am going to add in Wine, Vodka, Snowballs etc…) – Ben Wright
14. Cling Film – Alan Edwards
15. Being proud to voice your achievements – Laura Johnson
16. Should have nailed accessorising. I haven’t. – Kerry Rowland
17. 1/2 marathons under 2hrs – Lisa Hughes
18. Been sacked or made redundant from a job and bounced back with positivity…- Daragh McDonogh
19. Botox – Stephanie Reade
20. Learn to always have some white wine in fridge, red at hand for emergencies. And a bottle of Champagne for special surprises. – William Preen
21.How to save for a rainy day, travel the world… or at least achieve your own travelling goals (before the Children arrive), volunteer, learn a new skill, definitely have children (if that’s what you want) because by the time you get to 40 they’ll be taking advantage of your old age …. – Helen Worgan
22. How to get over a hangover with Kids – Claire Redden
23. How to make a good G&T – Katy Heale
24. You should have something very expensive, that you have bought yourself, not out of impulse, but because you actually deserved it. – Caroline Cotter
25. Making it to the 50’s – Darren Trip
26. A great group of friends – Me – Sam Bruce.
I definitely haven’t nailed all of these so I think I am going to re-visit this post in 2018 and see what I can do about it. I think 2018 is going to make for a fun year don’t you?
I asked my 40 something friends on Facebook what they think you should have or have nailed by the time you are 40 for a blog post I am writing. I thought I would share them with you here and the blog post will follow.